Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ooh... Bamboo!




After leaving my crochet supplies in the UK it was time to get back on that crafting wagon and make a trip to Lindcraft. "No crochet hooks...what?" I couldn't beleive it. So I tried again on a couple of weeks and spotted a lone 5.5mm bamboo hook. It was larger that I needed but I thought I'd give it a try and now I'm hooked (pardon the pun)!

The Sullivan's hook (2nd from top) is my fave. Smooth, pointy with a bit of flex bamboo is supposed to be kinder on the wrists. Worked a treat for my slippers but not so great for amigurami, I snapped mine.

The others I bought online thru eBay. Good value but don't have the point or deep groove. But I remedied that with a craft knife and a bit of sand paper (top pic).

On the hunt for some nice yarn now. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ;-)